Langtang Valley Trek
Surrounded by the pristine Himalayan peaks, lush forests, and scenic lakes, Langtang makes one of the most popular trekking experiences. Langtang Valley Trek brings a mystical, adventurous, and cultural essence of the ancient trans-Himalayan trade center of Nepal. The Langtang Valley Trek trail lies inside Langtang National Park, a country’s first Himalayan national park. The Langtang Valley Trek is the perfect combination of nature and culture which entertains travelers with Tibetan-Buddhist culture and Langtang Himalayas.
The 11-day trip commences at Kathmandu city upon your arrival. The first leg of the trip takes you on a cultural journey of Kathmandu city where you’ll get to witness some of the most popular UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the world. A short drive from Kathmandu will take you northwest to Sybrubensi, where the trek commences. Further, the trek advances northward through the lush forests and vegetation of Langtang National Park along the Bhote Koshi River and Langtang Khola. You’ll pass along many ethnic villages inhabited by Tamang and Sherpa people en route. Lama Hotel, Mundu, and Ghodatabela are of the villages you’ll cross before reaching the Langtang village. You’ll trek further deep into the mountains towards Kyanjin Gompa.
A full-day tour allows the visit to the nearby Buddhist monastery and a local cheese factory along with hiking the peak of Tserko Ri (4984m). Then, you can hike to the Tserko Ri (4984m), where you can catch the panorama of the pristine local peaks including Langtang Lirung (7227m), Langtang Ri (7205m), Tserko Ri (4984m), and Yala Peak (5,500m). Afterward, you’ll retrace your and descend to the village of Sybrubensi via Langtang village, and Lama Hotel. Langtang Valley Trek is suitable for any kind of trekkers. The best seasons to visit Langtang are spring (March-June) and autumn (September-November).
Danphe Adventure Treks specializes in finest treks in and outside Nepal. We conduct all kinds of the trek; private, small group, or large group Langtang and other regions in Nepal. Langtang Valley Trek is a similar initiative to allow travelers in Nepal to taste the authentic exhibition of nature and culture.
- Explore the historic city of Kathmandu and its UNESCO enlisted cultural heritages.
- Traverse the Langtang National Park and the enchanting presence of flora and fauna.
- Visit the Kyanjin Gompa and learn about Tibetan-Buddhist culture.
- Hike atop the Tserko Ri (4984m) and witness the panorama of mountain ranges in Langtang and Everest ranges.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu |1300m
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley full day Sightseeing
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Sybrubensi (1503m) 6-7 hrs.
Day 04: Trek from Sybrubensi to Lama Hotel (2410m) 6-7 hrs.
Day 05: Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang valley (3430m) 6 hrs.
Day 06: Trek from Langtang valley to Kyanjin Gompa (3870m) 4 hrs.
Day 07: Rest day at Kyanjin Gompa and explore day for a day hike.
Day 08: Trek back from Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2410m) 7 hrs.
Day 09: Trek back from Lama Hotel to Sybrubensi (1503m) 6 hrs
Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu. Farewell dinner (1300m) 6-7 hrs
Day 11: Departure to international airport for your final flight.
What Included in the cost
- Airport Pickups and drops in private vehicle.
- Hotel in Kathmandu and with breakfast as per the Itinerary.
- Cultural tour at Kathmandu with Guide in private vehicle.
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek.
- All Ground and Air Transportation during the Trek.
- An experienced, English speaking, and friendly guide and Porter (1 Porter 2 trekkers).
- Salary for the staff including their food, drinks, accommodation and transportation.
- All necessary paper works, Conservation entry permits and TIMS card.
- An arrangement for emergency helicopter service which will be paid by your travel insurance.
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and trekking map, if necessary,( to be returned after the trek)
- All government taxes, Vat and local taxes.
What not included in the cost
- Nepal entry visa fee. (You may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan international airport (Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos & 25 USD.
- International airfare.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Entry fees for cultural tour.
- Personal expenses (alcoholic, non-alcoholic drinks bar bills, battery charge, extra porter, boiled water shower etc.).
- Tips for guide, porter and driver