Gokyo Ri Trek
Trekking out of the ordinary in Khumbu region is the Gokyo Ri Trek. This trek, although challenging, leads to some of the highest points of the Khumbu region. And on offer is a visit to the Gokyo lakes, some of the highest freshwater lakes in the world. Similarly, the Gokyo Ri Trek obviously incorporates climbing the Gokyo Ri (5360m) which offers a majestic panorama of snow-capped Himalayas. Complementing the entire journey; the Sherpa villages guarantee a cultural experience as well.
The trip starts as we catch a plane from Kathmandu to the town of Lukla in Khumbu Region. As we take on a tourist-packed trail to Phakding; feast on the views of Mount Kusum Khangkaru (6367m) and Thamserku (6608m). Consecutively, a trek to Namche and arrival at this Sherpa town will be an enticing affair across the Dudh Koshi river valley. While at Namche, first-hand view of the Mount Everest (8848m) from Hotel Everest view is mesmerizing. The trail then takes us darting towards the exotic Himalayas as we cross Himalayan settlements at Dhole and Machhermo. This eventually leads to the Ngozumpa Glacier, the largest in Nepal which stretches across a vast landscape.
We head further to Gokyo village which rewards us with great views of glacial lakes, six of them in total, turquoise and serene. The next day we hike up the Gokyo Ri (5360m), a peak by the village, which is at the same altitude as the Everest Base Camp. Although distant, the summit of Gokyo Ri is a viewpoint for some of the highest peaks-mostly 8000’ers namely Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8414m), Makalu (8463m), and Cho Oyu (8188m). We wrap up our trek of the Himalayas and retrace our trail back to Lukla before heading back to Kathmandu. This is a challenging trek, however you have to go an altitude of 5,360 meters. This is trek is suitable for Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November)
Danphe Adventure Treks is a leading travel and tour operator in Nepal. We are registered to the Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal (TAAN) and pride ourselves for our team of professionals and the quality of service. We offer adventure, tour, trekking, and expedition packages.
- Hike up the Gokyo Ri (5360m) and enjoy the panorama of the Himalayas including the Mt. Everest(8848m).
- Visit the bustling Sherpa town of Namche Bazaar.
- Explore the Sagarmatha National Park and its biodiversity.
- Enjoy the Sherpa culture and lifestyle on the trek trails.
- Relish the tranquility and views in the vicinity of the five Gokyo Lakes.
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour and Trek Preparation
03: Fly to Lukla (2840m) and trek to Phakding (2610m)| 30 mins flight, 3 hrs Trek
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m)| 7 hrs
Day 05: Acclimatization in Namche
Day 06: Trek to Dhole (4200m)| 5-6 hrs
Day 07: Trek to Machhermo (4470m)| 5 hrs
Day 08: Trek to Gokyo Lake (4700m)| 4 hrs
Day 09: Hike to Gokyo Ri (5360m)| 4 hrs. Trek back to Dhole (4200m)| 4 hrs.
Day 10: Trek from Dhole to Namche (3440m)| 6-7 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Lukla (2810m)| 6-7 hrs.
Day 12: Fly to Kathmandu (1300m)| 30 mins.
Day 13: Spare Day (In case of Bad weather) and Farewell dinner
Day 14: Departure to Airport for your onward destination
What Included in the cost
- Airport Pickups and drops in private vehicle.
- Hotel in Kathmandu and with breakfast as per the Itinerary.
- Cultural tour at Kathmandu with Guide in private vehicle.
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek.
- All Ground and Air Transportation during the Trek.
- An experienced, English speaking, and friendly guide and Porter (1 Porter 2 trekkers).
- Salary for the staff including their food, drinks, accommodation and transportation.
- All necessary paper works, Conservation entry permits and TIMS card.
- An arrangement for emergency helicopter service which will be paid by your travel insurance.
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and trekking map, if necessary,( to be returned after the trek)
- All government taxes, Vat and local taxes.
What not included in the cost
- Nepal entry visa fee. (You may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan international airport (Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos & 25 USD.
- International airfare.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Entry fees for cultural tour.
- Personal expenses (alcoholic, non-alcoholic drinks bar bills, battery charge, extra porter, boiled water shower etc.).
- Tips for guide, porter and driver