Annapurna Circuit Trek
Annapurna Circuit Trek is a highly praised and spectacular trek in Nepal that takes you around the Annapurna massif. The trekking trail passes through the subtropical forests, ethnic villages, and allows you to explore the natural and cultural highlights of the Annapurna realm. The Annapurna Circuit Trek circumnavigates the Annapurna Conservation Area and entertains the travelers with the Tibetan-Buddhist culture in villages of Manang and Pisang to lead to the Thorung La Pass (5416m), one of the biggest passes in the world.
The 20-day adventure begins with your arrival at Kathmandu. Short stay in Kathmandu will give you the opportunity to witness the historic and cultural places. From Kathmandu, you drive to Bhulbhule via Besisahar and start trekking. Afterward,the trail takes you through the lush vegetation and challenging gorges formed by Marsayangdi River. While ascending to the northernmost parts of the Annapurna region, the trek also traverses along the fine villages inhabited by the ethnic groups such as Gurung and Magar. Passing through the rhododendron and bamboo forests you can see wildlife like Danphe, Langur monkeys, and jackals. Meandering along the ascending paths, the travelers go past Chame, Pisang, and Manang witnessing some of the grandest display of culture in the lifestyle and monasteries. The latter part of the trek takes you to the mighty Thorung La Pass (5,416 m).
After crossing the pass, you head down Muktinath, a holy destination for Hindus and Buddhists. You then enter the Kali Gandaki valley and pass through the deepest gorge in the world. Before ending your journey at Nayapul, you hike to Poon Hill and enjoy the mesmerizing sunrise along with the panoramic views of the snow capped mountains. The best seasons for this trip are autumn (September – November) and spring (March-May) as the weather is clear and the temperature is moderate.
Danphe Adventure Treks is a pioneer of tours, treks, and mountain expeditions in Nepal. We have expert guides who are fluent in English and will provide you with a detailed orientation throughout the trip. You will be accommodated in the finest teahouses with highly trained staff assisting you in any time of need.
- Pass through the beautiful rhododendron forests and ethnic villages I Annapurna
- Explore monasteries like Braga Gompa to learn about the Tibetan influence in the
- Enjoy the relaxing hot springs at Tatopani.
- Visit the Muktinath Temple, an illustrious pilgrimage site to Hindus and Buddhists.
- Relish the panoramic Himalayan scenery atop the Poonhill viewpoint.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu | 1300m
Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing tour and trek preparation
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Bhulbhule via Besisahar| 840m | 6-7 hrs and Trek to Ngadi | 930m 2 hrs
Day 04: Trek to Jagat| 1300m | 5-6 hrs
Day 05: Trek to Dharapani| 1860m| 5-6 hrs
Day 06: Trek to Chame | 2670m 5-6 hrs
Day 07: Trek to Pisang | 3300m | 5-6 hrs
Day 08: Trek to Manang | 3540m | 5-6 hrs
Day 09: Rest day at Manang for acclimatization with short hikes
Day 10: Trek to Yak Kharka | 4050m | 4-5 hrs
Day 11: Trek to Thorang La High Camp or Phedi | 4925m| 5-6 hrs
Day 12: Trek over Thorung La | 5416m | to Muktinath| 3,800 m | 6-7 hrs
Day 13: Trek to Kagbeni| 2810m| 4-5 hrs
Day 14: Trek to Marpha | 2670m | 5-6 hrs
Day 15: Trek to Kalopani | 2530m | 5-6 hrs
Day 16: Trek to Tatopani | 1190m | 5-6 hrs
Day 17: Trek to Ghorepani | 2880m| 5-6 hrs
Day 18: Early morning hike to Poon Hill | 3193m| and trek to Nayapul | 1070m| 4hrs and drive to Pokhara | 820m| 2 hrs
Day 19: Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 20: International departure homeward bound
What Included in the cost
- Airport Pickups and drops in private vehicle.
- Hotel in Kathmandu and with breakfast as per the Itinerary.
- Cultural tour at Kathmandu with Guide in private vehicle.
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek.
- All Ground and Air Transportation during the Trek.
- An experienced, English speaking, and friendly guide and Porter (1 Porter 2 trekkers).
- Salary for the staff including their food, drinks, accommodation and transportation.
- All necessary paper works, Conservation entry permits and TIMS card.
- An arrangement for emergency helicopter service which will be paid by your travel insurance.
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and trekking map, if necessary,( to be returned after the trek)
- All government taxes, Vat and local taxes.
What not included in the cost
- Nepal entry visa fee. (You may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan international airport (Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos & 25 USD.
- International airfare.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Entry fees for cultural tour.
- Personal expenses (alcoholic, non-alcoholic drinks bar bills, battery charge, extra porter, boiled water shower etc.).
- Tips for guide, porter and driver